GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 05:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new kite from Lam.......The ATM  (Read 11670 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 09:22 PM »

$289!. Smiley

6 kite tom
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2013, 02:40 AM »

I think it is Cynique and not Synique

Not an issue if you wish to use Synique do so

Mike
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2013, 08:07 AM »

Thanks Mike, sorry I am French Smiley Maybe we should call this trick: Lazy Cascade, I think more people understand better this way Smiley

Have a nice day
coogee

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Yep Lazy Cascade is good. Comete is another wording I have trouble spelling but Reversing Half Axels is a bit clunky. Have also had trouble with axel as I have spelt it axle. As neither you nor I are native French so it goes.
You also have a nice day Mr Lam
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2013, 06:41 PM »

do not realize I have tested flown the ATM 10 days ago until now ...
Fearless Object

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2013, 09:22 PM »

Rudy there is always next time my friend Smiley It was very nice flying kite with you at Garry Point Smiley you are smoking hot before I get there Smiley

Have a good day.
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2013, 06:22 PM »

taking orders yet?
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2013, 08:26 AM »

Thanks Tom, I do appreciate your help. Anyway. The ATM has been tested for some time now when I was in VN for 3 months and now I am back. The kite fly friendly, fun, medium speed and very easy to do Synique and other trick and very good in precision. Kite will have 6 to 8 different colors, I will post the pictures when I have it. Price will be $289. Kite made out of Icarex PC 31. Kite will come with new LE connector, New knock for tip stand, New Sky Claws, and a nice bag just for the ATM. Competition Nose will be cover up like all my kite. Thanks for checking in.

Have a great day.

$289  Huh .....HOLY Mackerel! If that wasn't a typo ....I think I just decided to buy my first Lam kite!  Grin

I like the new graphics as well ....with maybe a slight twist if Lam wouldn't mind! One of these below would be my choice in Purple or Royal

zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2013, 11:40 AM »

Just to clarify, the Cynique is just a Lazy Susan cascade, right ?

No, no matter what you may read on t'Internet.

A Cynique, as first introduced to the world, is an insta-reversing Lazy. The kite should suffer.

Just absent mindedly slapping the kite hither and thither on its back, like it's in a rocking chair soaking up the sun on a backyard porch, ain't no stinkin' Cynique.

Meanwhile back at the ATM.... I'd be interested to know if this lower price point (and radically different graphics) means there is a new direction in how this kite is made. Or indeed by whom.

Mike

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
vigli

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2013, 11:46 AM »

Beautiful kite...
boris
photogbill

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2013, 11:55 AM »

... I'd be interested to know if this lower price point (and radically different graphics) means there is a new direction in how this kite is made. Or indeed by whom.

Mike

After hearing from Lam & deciding to order my first Lam Hoac kite (above posted #3) I was wondering the same thing! I'm hoping Lam will be making/building the kites 'himself' and was guessing that the significant reduction in price was due to his new model having normal straight line panels ...thus requiring much less work/time to make ...without any appliqué workmanship!

Perhaps Lam can verify if my thinking is correct.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:00 PM by photogbill » Logged
photogbill

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2013, 11:56 AM »

taking orders yet?

If Lam hasn't contacted you yet ...you might want to email him! He took my order today!
Fearless Object

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 04:05 PM »

Everything is going well and Very soon my friend. Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day.
Fearless Object

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Up date for the ATM, kite is ready but the kite parts are not not ready yet, I am sorry for the delay. I just wanted everything done right before install on the kite. Hopefully another two week. Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day.
obijuankenobe

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2013, 06:27 AM »

... I'd be interested to know if this lower price point (and radically different graphics) means there is a new direction in how this kite is made. Or indeed by whom.

Mike

After hearing from Lam & deciding to order my first Lam Hoac kite (above posted #3) I was wondering the same thing! I'm hoping Lam will be making/building the kites 'himself' and was guessing that the significant reduction in price was due to his new model having normal straight line panels ...thus requiring much less work/time to make ...without any appliqué workmanship!

Perhaps Lam can verify if my thinking is correct.

Previous designs were all single panel kites.  This is a true source of 'much less time to make' by most folks estimation. 

Panel seams (and error or variation therein) change the shape of the sail whereas applique does not affect sail shape in the same direct relationship.

There are only a few makers that make entire kites from scratch...icarex and sticks.  Very few.  Tim does. 

obi

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change