GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 08:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Guys, Andrew from Kentucky here  (Read 822 times)
escapereality
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 20, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Hello IKE, I am Andrew from Kentucky. I just recently got into Kite flying after purchasing one on vacation. Oh what I would give to have those beach winds every day of the year!

I purchased a couple of starter kites while I was down in Florida. Both of which are made by HQ. A small 1.3m parafoil kite, and a starter stunt kite called the HQ Bebop.

Today I made a rather large purchase and picked up a Prism Zephyr, so I guess I'm kind of dedicated to the sport now as it was not a cheap purchase.

Just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. If anyone is around the Lexington, KY area, I'd love to get together and fly sometime!

kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:37 PM »

Welcome to the addiction, 30+ years, 300 +kites... Good news is, I only need one more

Check out the AKA Calendar for events you might attend

You might also contact Jim Podlasek (AKA Region 4) rd4@aka.kite.org

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

escapereality

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 07:53 PM »

Thank you for the welcome, KiteKing. I will check around AKA to see what I can find.

Thanks again!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 08:06 PM »

one more Cheesy  welcome to the madness Andrew. just kidding (well sort of) Ask lots of questions and HAVE FUN
Regards Kurt

have fun kurt
CTaylor
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39 AM »

I'm in Dayton, Oh.  I'm also part of an active kite club from the Cincinnati and northern KY area called PIGS Aloft.  We fly on the second Sunday of the month out front of Voice of America park in West Chester, OH.  Might be worth the trip to stop by next time the weather is nice.  Plus you can meet a few other flyers nearby.  We attend festivals all over our area including a few in Kentucky throughout the summer.

coop
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 09:50 AM »

Once your hooked it never ends. Im in the process of saving for two kites (a 7.5 and a superfly).
I keep telling myself I should sell a few, but I always find a reason or time or place to fly everything I have... Smiley
escapereality

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 07:28 PM »

Well I got my Zephyr in, and wow what a kite. So different from the 58" intro kite I've been flying.

It took me some time to try and figure out how to tighten the wing tips...but I finally got them and off I went.

Any way my first flight with my Zephyr was an absolute blast. I only got about an hour in so didn't get a whole lot accomplished. I did accidentally get myself in some fades when I was trying to side slide and snap stall.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 07:40 PM »

Several fades from a side slide and snap stall.  Huh

You, my friend, are way ahead of the curve.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
escapereality

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 07:58 PM »

Several fades from a side slide and snap stall.  Huh

You, my friend, are way ahead of the curve.  Smiley

I wouldn't say ahead of the curve...just a bit lucky and some good winds.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change