GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 09:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Magnet's ....Incognito!  (Read 763 times)
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: May 26, 2013, 04:25 PM »

I thought I'd try a humorous approach to the thread title in sharing my latest builds! I started out my 'Magnet' build making a few changes to the original sail pattern, using the connecting points for the original panels ... and got a little carried away!  Huh

Anyway ...I liked the end results and decided to go with the builds ...hoping the creator doesn't take offense to my changing the overall looks of 'his' kite. I didn't make any changes to the overall dimensions or placement of the rods, connectors, or standoffs, so I'd expect the flight characteristics to be essentially the same as those I've seen on the videos posted.

I'm looking forward to trying the kite out tomorrow at the beach. I still have to finish the bridle and add yo-yo stops but expect to be finished with at least the one I made for myself. The other will be a gift to a flying good buddy of mine.

Stuart99

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 04:34 PM »

I like the orange and yellow one. I am contemplating building a magnet next. Let me know how it flies!
photogbill

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 04:37 PM »

Sure will Stu! I like the orange yellow one best to ...the 'bad news' ...for me anyway ...is that is the one I built for my friend!  Sad

If it flies as good as it looks ...I just might have to build another orange & yellow one for myself!  Wink
Lou

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 04:50 PM »

Sure will Stu! I like the orange yellow one best to ...the 'bad news' ...for me anyway ...is that is the one I built for my friend!  Sad

If it flies as good as it looks ...I just might have to build another orange & yellow one for myself!  Wink

I was going to redo my Tom's Quartz sail with the Derefat Complex sail pattern in almost the same color scheme except Blue replaces your Orange.  But after seeing Flo-Yellow and Orange I may drop my Blue for it.  Looks great!
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 05:13 PM »

I like them both.

I am a firm believer that the kite should be distinctive.

It should not blend with the sky. It should slice through the sky.

Well done.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
photogbill

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:33 PM »

Lou ...those colors (flo. orange & flo. green) work well together. They should also be easy to see when you're flying as it begins to get dark out!

Thanks John!
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 02:42 AM »

Hot Orange for me, yes please,like photogbill,a great contrast against the drab scrubby dunes on dusk.  Tongue
Lou

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 06:09 AM »

Lou ...those colors (flo. orange & flo. green) work well together. They should also be easy to see when you're flying as it begins to get dark out!

Thanks John!

Oh wow that's flo-green Huh.  I guess I better get on the phone tomorrow and order another yard of PC31 in flo-green.  Because I have been so indecisive on color schemes I have about 12 yards of PC31 in assorted colors. Cheesy
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 06:42 AM »

yikes!

sorry, i don't like them...

Krijn
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 10:19 AM »

You don't have to apologize for stating your opinion.

If we all liked the same thing, there would be just one kite

in one color.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
photogbill

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 07:14 PM »

What John said! PLUS ...the ONLY ONE who has to like them is ME & the friend I built one for! Everything else is a bonus!  Wink
Lou

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 08:50 PM »

...& the friend I built one for!

That's what it's all about.  Get another kite into another person's hands and the kite community grows +1.  I'm hoping to finish these half built kites I started at some point and start getting the kites into people's hands.  I have a couple people at work that might be interested and I also recently joined the Central Florida Kite Club so I can maybe get some kites flown by some of those guys/gals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document