GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 02:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: frame specs for Magnet UL?  (Read 468 times)
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: June 02, 2013, 06:27 PM »

anyone out there know the frame and bridle specs for a Magnet UL? 

I'm especially interested in whatever was used in this video... thanks!

Magnet SUL/UL Action
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Looks great!  Smiley

6 kite tom
nobbl2k
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 11:44 PM »

As I posted in the other place already:

I asked the same question in the other forum, but didn't get an answer. I heard, he used some arrow shafts though.
When I framed my Magnet UL, I wanted to use standard kite rods and I ended up with this configuration:
LEs P90
spine P100
US 4mm
LS 3PT BD
tail weight 12.5g
bridle just like the standard
total weight 222g
I saved more than 50g compared to my standard version, I used hollow ferrules for the leading edges, TAPAs and FSD standoff connectors to keep the weight low.

I had the chance of only two short flights in very awful wind so far. My first impression is, that it works pretty fine. One pop yo-yos are there as well as taz machines, both tricks, where the standard version shines on.
I am not sure, if I like it this way in the long run though. I'll have to give it a few more tries in hopefully better wind and will decide then, if I replace the P90 with P100. At the moment it is more of a SUL/UL mix too.
But at least it is a good start, as it is...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:35 AM by nobbl2k » Logged
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 02:36 PM »

I might go this way as you suggest... I also have considered 3pt in the leading edges.  Perhaps an experiment is in order.  I'm a few kites away from building a magnet anyway... Too many projects!
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 03:25 AM »

The Standard Magnet will fly in very low breeze, I have just been out to my local beach and flown it in about 3 to 4 knots and it was quite happy with that weight of breeze. It will also fly in fresh airs as well, a very good kite for wind range.  The P200 5PT frame is a great all rounder. A real fun kite.
    Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change