GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 12:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Purple haze  (Read 4112 times)
kiteslinger
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: March 06, 2009, 06:57 AM »

I added a few more to the tribe of Maori banners but not liking the deep purple and blk.

Just that it's to dark in the line up

I might try  to add some grey or just do one with grey scrolls and purple pallet

It looked good on paper......... same as neon green and blk  Undecided 

my next one will be in tye dye and blk or I'll skimp and do it in the blk. and wht. with tye-dye insert 7 footer
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:01 AM »

Dave- I want that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love it!!!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
ainokea
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 11:53 AM »

Nice banners Dave, I like 'em.

Ian

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:16 PM »

Saby, that purple one looks like crap (can I say that here?) 
Really cheapens your display.
But since you are my good buddy I'll take care of getting rid of it for you.  Send it up here and I'll give it the burial it deserves.  Wink

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
kiteslinger
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 01:33 PM »

Steve

U want me to add a little grey in your crap B4 I send it up that way

it will look something like this
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 01:54 PM »

Purple gray and black, hmm ... how many of my kites would that match?

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:50 PM »

That'll look nice next our fuschia/black, another one of Dave's rejects he so graciously shared with Rhonda. Been meaning to post a pick to show Dave she is flying it proudly.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
kitegirl

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:36 PM »

YES I Love my banner. There has been a couple of times that was the only thing flying. Would love to have more so need to let me know what I need to get more. I like the purple and black and like Mike said would look really nice next to mine. Even if it belongs to our GWTW kite buddy.
kiteslinger
Board Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 08:27 AM »

This one going up north to Steve and Chris

as soon as I get some more thread{they take a lot of } I'll be pounding out a few more for this years kite festivals. I wish I could go even larger but trying to wrestle two 7 foot sheet of 1.75 is tuff enough and time consuming /the hardest part of it.

oh! wait I have 5' Rappa Nui Moai sitting on the table waiting to get stitched up will see how that one turns out and maybe /more than likely  will need to get adopted because for sure I 'll want to go larger...... hopefully because it won't require to much effort to stitch up.... 

I think it will work

after looking at many photos of Easter island  and with the moai's lined up and stagger about the island reminded me of a ground display

mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 11:25 PM »

Well I said it on the original forum but I'll repeat it here, Those Easter Island heads gazing into the sky are going to make great banners & going to go great with your Maori banners, looking forward to seeing that display. I wish I would've thought of it. Let us know if you need an adoption if the first one is too small for you, we would happily fly it between Steve's new banner and the one we already have.

Dave's idea for Rappa Nui Moai

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 11:40 AM »

what are using for poles for those? and how much are the purple ones with some gray in it???

Sine Metu!
kiteslinger
Board Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 08:08 AM »

DD

the poles are bamboo

Sorry  Sad I never sell my stuff I make..... that includes my CR2s{custom rev 2s}

Or kustom kite stakes

if it was, it was for a donation or to help supplement  the expense of running an event...for me,if I did this to make $ it would take the fun away  and more like work

but I might sell tribal chopper, if the right price or trade came up
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 06:35 AM »

kudos on those banners, they look GREAT!  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
kiteslinger
Board Moderator

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 07:59 AM »

Thanks guy's

I got the 1st. one out yesterday, there will be a few things done differently on the next one.... I might tear this one apart and work some mylar in then pole sleeve  there 's a few things that needs  tweaking on....

I think size is one thing .............  it needs to ride closer to the ground

and the ocean green wasn't a good choice to start with but the only 1.75oz. scrap to have at hand w/o tearing into a clean sheet another color besides B or W

ALSO... the rappa noi suppose to face towards the ocean  Roll Eyes
kitegirl

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 10:46 PM »

Those are awesome. My hat is off to you need to get some lessons from you. I have been wanting to make some banners but, have given it a try. Looking forward to getting a good up close look at them at the San Fran Family Fun Fly.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum