So while I'm in the midst of getting some documentation equipment together for my monster build, I decided I would build a new LeQuartz sail (I recently trashed my first sail... But preserved the frame and bridle for a new and improved rendition).
Last night, I thought, "instead of driving to the printers for a full size print, I'll print out panels and tape together... I haven't done it in a while and it might be nice..."
I have confirmed what I once new. Taping up twenty pieces of paper with precision/accuracy is a joke. I recycled the paper printouts about half way through my taping process and tonight I'm going to get that sucker printed at full size. Scissors are way faster to than tape.
Just thought I'd share that.
I actually saved my "US-LetterSizedpaper-A4conversion-penciledinadustedlines-template" just to occasionally laugh at how I somehow thought I could build something that required some level of accuracy but far from achieved kite sail. It was painful, stressing, annoying and wasted sooooo much tape and time I'm surprised I stuck with kite building. A0 and native print sizes are definitely the way to go. I dish out with the biggest smile the $7.60 every time I have printed A0_Plan & A0_Pattern.