GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 07:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USPS Gorilla shipping !!!  (Read 891 times)
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+16)

« on: June 06, 2013, 03:42 PM »

I'll never ship a package uninsured again. Thankfully, the rods and sail were undamaged, some nearly impossible to obtain sticks...

Even LoLo was dumbfounded... 'How'd dey manage dat'  Huh

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:48 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:01 PM »

Aw man, that sucks.  Glad everything was OK though.  They should have at least taped it up for you.   Huh
stapp59
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:12 PM »

Should I recognize that box?  Huh  I had that happen once and the rods were NOT ok.  Yep, always ship insured now.
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Should I recognize that box?  Huh  I had that happen once and the rods were NOT ok.  Yep, always ship insured now.

Nope, it's my NSR back from a tune-up and frame work from thems what "sews-a-lot"  Wink

Anthony
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:29 AM »

I'll never ship a package uninsured again. Thankfully, the rods and sail were undamaged, some nearly impossible to obtain sticks...

Even LoLo was dumbfounded... 'How'd dey manage dat'  Huh

Hey,
The cute lookin dog look doesnt work in my house,Lolo,Bad dog,NAUGHTY!
I hope the post man survived the savage attack?
LoLos looking straight into your eyes and thinking "Look at the smuck!I bet he thinks im smiling?Hope he dont cut me nails this week,they are full of USPS uniform and skin,there is cardboard stuck in me K9s,blood stains on the driveway and nextdoor saw and heard the whole episode?Hey meatball how about a snack cause i just did a poo nextdoor and im sure they think its the big ugly dog 2 doors down"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 07:22 AM by alien » Logged
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 08:44 AM »

I have received a few of those.... luckily all kites and spars were unscathed.

Still very annoying.  You buy the tubes new and they still look like war refugees after one transit.

ATB,
Sam

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:52 AM by indigo_wolf » Logged
mikeb
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 08:21 AM »

Cute dog, ugly package! Those free triangle tubes have gotten so cheaply made in the past several years, usps can't make ends meet as it is and they are still free. I still use them "insured" but taping usps shoe boxes together works so much better and stronger support, and you can build them to size.
coop
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 10:15 AM »

Thats why I wrap the kite with pallet corner protectors as well. Makes it really hard to bend.

TOTL Hawaiian Spinoff(2), TOTL Hawaiian Team(2), TOTL Windrule, TOTL NSR, HQ Passion, MEFM(Aust.), MEFM vented(Aus), MEFM(2), BMK Mamba, HQ Tramontana, NoNaMe, Stranger, Psycho, Atomic Wedgee, BMK Mantis UL, TOTL Sizzle
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:39 AM »

Thats why I wrap the kite with pallet corner protectors as well. Makes it really hard to bend.

Where do you get those?

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 11:39 AM »

I have had a few packages flattened...and some damaged...and most have the contents perfectly fine...
lots of bubblewrap....the more heavy duty you make the package the more it weighs....i would balance the cost of higher insurance against the cost of a heavier package...then if it is a super special never-to-be-duplicated item i would lean towards heavier packaging....but if it is a more readily available item then lighter package and insurance it is..

if the kite is lighter framed and can take a bend then use that to your advantage....no need to super-duper-structure-ify the thing if it is not needed....
i did once get a kite shipped to me in a special carrier....

3" PVC with hard end caps....apparently it has gone around the (old) forum a bit...

i love the triangle boxes....use them all the time.....the newer ones are better than the earlier ones that had the ends pre-formed....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:57 AM »

Wow, not only is that shipping container Postal Carrier Ready but its Warfare Ready!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document