GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Widow Maker ul,Ocius Sul, AURA vs. Low Wind  (Read 1203 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: June 12, 2013, 04:19 PM »

Ara this is for you....  The wind was out of the North... Very low maybe 1 1/2 mph then gone...

It was a bit warm and MUGGY ... no air moving... I started flying my Widow Maker ul... It didn't last long.  The wind dropped so did my kite... I went to the Ocius Sul... I tried it earlier before I vidoed.  It was just as bad didn't want to stay up and made me work... To muggy to work.. 

Then came "AURA" .... If the wind was out of the south that Fade would never of come down...

Ara, you asked when do I fly which one... depends on the Low wind factor.  There is low wind and now wind..and muggy warm go now were wind.

This is the Sky Burner advantage for low wind... The weight of the Kite always matters.  The AURA is a 4 oz. kite.  Jon T's kites are designed and built for various types of winds and conditions.  The INAK would have flown it weighs 2.5 oz.

Video jumpy in a few spots...

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:29 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 06:50 AM »

It was a bit warm n muggy eh!
It made me a bit warm n fuzzy!..... Tongue
Hot flying n video thanks VERT.... Cool
trigger

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:45 AM »

just sitting here waiting for my ocius sul to arrive.. weatherbug says 16mph winds   Cheesy

couldn't wait for the aura to come out. summer is coming and it was too good of a deal to pass up!  I told dave I'd really like to get you your way to fly soon

gonna get the old vented rev out today!
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:10 PM »

just sitting here waiting for my ocius sul to arrive.. weatherbug says 16mph winds   Cheesy

couldn't wait for the aura to come out. summer is coming and it was too good of a deal to pass up!  I told dave I'd really like to get you your way to fly soon

gonna get the old vented rev out today!
Hey Trig, That's always the way of it ! I finally got my Vapor after years of looking for one, and it was MONTHS before I could fly it... I hope you get your lack of wind soon !

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:03 PM »

Hi

Thanks Vertigo for dedicating this post & comments in other.
And I'm sorry I haven't answered any.
I have taken some decisions but am not allowed to talk about it... yet.
So I'll give my feedback in about two and a half weeks...
Cheers

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
jon t

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 11:24 AM »

Ara,  Sitting here at the Kite store... Looking at something going into a box  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh... It's very White and light..  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss. Ever hear the song by Frank Sinatra  New York New York.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Vertigo
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 11:26 AM »

Hrmn... looks small for a ProDancer. Tongue  Cheesy

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 12:42 PM »

Ara,  Sitting here at the Kite store... Looking at something going into a box  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh... It's very White and light..  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss. Ever hear the song by Frank Sinatra  New York New York.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Vertigo

Hey! That's not fair Vertigo.  Angry
I can't talk about it and you can!   Sad

Wink

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
adx1592

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 01:58 PM »

We have no idea what you're talking about.  Undecided  Lips sealed

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 02:07 PM »

We have no idea what you're talking about.  Undecided  Lips sealed

Roll Eyes (whistling away...)

Cheesy

I guess you will soon. Sorry for having this sort of public mystery...
Vertigo's fault  Roll Eyes

In my bag...
adx1592

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 02:59 PM »

Ha, Jon was the one that told us to give you crap about it.  Cheesy

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 05:01 PM »

I can see Ara whistling Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  It is beautiful.   Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39 PM »

Aha! So I see that Vertigo (Joe) and adx1592 are one dangerous duo...
 Angry

Wink

In my bag...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document