GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 01:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone flying a Kratos  (Read 563 times)
sethvincent
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 15, 2013, 10:26 AM »

I was noticing the specs on the New Tech Kratos, seems like an interesting one, bottom end of the wind range seems a little higher than most of them I've seen, but what do I know.
 Anyone have one? If so, what are your thoughts?  I like the idea of the size, and the noise, but I'm unfamiliar with New Tech.
  For the price, would I be better off getting a Kratos, or sacrificing some size and noise and going for a Prism Quantum. Or maybe going for a little more money and getting a hypnotist. 
I don't know how New Tech and Prism quality compares.
 The way I'm seeing it :
  Kratos   : HUGE, love the looks, supposed to be really loud (definite PLUS), narrow wind range with minimum wind being higher, Dyneema lines
  Quantum: Quite a bit smaller, looks ok, no idea about noise, broader wind range with minimum being quite a bit lower, cheaper than Kratos, spectra lines
  Hypnotist :  Not as big as the Kratos but bigger than the Quantum,  don't like the looks as much as the kratos but like the looks more than the quantum, no idea about noise level, broader wind range than kratos with minimum VERY close to quantum, a little bit more expensive than Kratos, poly lines.
  other than quality, are there any other differences I should be looking at? I'm not sure how the different line materials play into it either, thanks guys   
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:30 PM »

The Hypnotist would be your best choice. You will probably fly it for longer before needing a more capable kite. I liked my New Tech kites, but they broke easily. I have 5 or 6 NT kites, but only fly the Firestorm still, once or twice a year. I learned a lot from my NT kites, but a lot of what I learned was how to fix broken kites. I have a Quantum & Hypno, never had to fix them because they're built like tanks.

sethvincent

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 12:46 PM »

thanks Rob

Another bonus on the hypnotist I forgot to mention, my go to kite guy deals in Prism :]  If I get the Quantum or Hypno I can stay loyal to him (big plus in my book)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:41 PM »

Sounds like a no-brainer to me. If you have a local kite shop, by all means, support them... it's a tough business. My local kite shop dealt with New Tech, that's why I have a bag full of NT kites, plus a NT bag. My support wasn't enough, our local kite shop became an educational toy store, and carries very few entry level kites now.

My Hypnotist (actually called the Mirage back then) was my first Prism, I've had very good luck with the 10 or 15 that I've bought since !    Huh

trigger

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 02:07 PM »

ditto on the hypno... the quantum pulls like a truck and in my newb hands doesnt trick much. my only other recomendation would be an old style zephyr if available. i paid 150 for mine.  it flys way low and does way more than i can do.  ive crashed it a gazillion times and no damage. my quantun i broke 2 l.e.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
sethvincent

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 02:48 PM »

thanks guys, looks like the hypno :]
do they make a lot of noise?  The only thing I don't like about my foil is that its too quiet Tongue

unfortunately I don't have a local kite shop, my go to kite guy is Steve :]
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 07:54 PM »

My hypno didnt make a lot of noise, no.
Good kite, and even better when reframed with the mods on the kiteclique site.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change