windows 8 family safety

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Yan:

Does anybody know why it doesn't work?

My son has a laptop, I am the admin and he has a non admin user account. Family safety is set up and sometimes works... When it does it is fine, does everything I need it to. If I go into his laptop and refresh the family saftey it will work for a couple days most times.
 But most often it doesn't start up properly and just doesn't work, leading to the inevitable friction of... "get off your computer" - "In a minute".....  (any body with kids will know how this goes ;))

Of course it's not just about time limits, but also protecting him from the dangers of the internet that a 10 year old boy should be protected from.

I would really appreciate any advise on making it more reliable :)

Thanks, Yan

RobB:

Yan, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for SP1 to come out sometime during the summer. The first service pack usually solves a lot of the bugs in a new OS. There are so many complexities to Windows, especially Win8, it is really difficult to suggest any fixes with minimal information. One thing... if it's not working right, restart the machine. The old 'restart' solves 75% of computer problems...    ;D

ezme6:

I hate 8....had it uninstalled... :D

Yan:

Quote from: RobB on June 16, 2013, 05:04 AM
--
Yan, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for SP1 to come out sometime during the summer. The first service pack usually solves a lot of the bugs in a new OS. There are so many complexities to Windows, especially Win8, it is really difficult to suggest any fixes with minimal information. One thing... if it's not working right, restart the machine. The old 'restart' solves 75% of computer problems...    ;D

--

Thanks Rob, I'll wait and keep refreshing the family saftey window.....

Quote from: ezme6 on June 16, 2013, 06:02 AM
--
I hate 8....had it uninstalled... :D

--

We only upgraded because the boy wanted it (new and shiny) and it would do 1/2 hour increments on the  family saftey curfew >:(.

mikenchico:

Looks to be a bunch of free alternatives available, I've haven't used one since the 90's so I can't give any feedback on them, some links and comparison sites will come up with this link

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=free+internet+child+protection+software&oq=free+internet+child&gs_l=hp.1.1.0i20j0l3.1466.16460.0.19085.19.13.0.6.6.1.733.3066.5j2j2j2j1j0j1.13.0...0.0.0..1c.1.17.psy-ab.kDXfEYSBqrY&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47883778,d.aWM&fp=82526f73ae331c90&biw=1020&bih=573

Pages: (1/2) > >>