GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 01:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richard Debray and Mathieu Mayet - Berck 2009  (Read 2200 times)
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: June 13, 2009, 07:36 PM »

Both of these guys are a part of the Red Bull Kite Force team.

Red Bull Kite Force - The pair with Richard Debray and Mathieu Mayet - Berck 2009

Also, Richard Debray demo ballet:

Richard Debray - Freestyle kite champion - Berck 2009

lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:03 PM »

I really enjoy watching Debray and Mayet fly. They have a very interesting flying "postures" that looks as good as the kite itself.

I saw the performance by Debray. Its pretty good but I was hoping he would come up with a new routine. I"ve seen this routine for probably a few times already. The Mayet one from 2009 looks more interesting. He through in cyniques in a new routine I"ve not seen. If you do a search under the same festival name the kitehouse flyer in 4th place Johanssen (sp?) actually managed to squeeze in yo-fade in his routine. A first I've seen.

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
portley777
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 11:28 PM »

Not using the NSE this time around?

Cheers,
Mike

kite a fly go
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 01:10 AM »

While these two are no question THE BEST given their years at the top, they got their clocks cleaned at the Stella Plage TP this year.  The Kitehouse guys were simply a couple levels above them.  Synchronous cometes were something these two didn't even attempt, much less nail.  And this was in rather harsh wind conditions.  I have seen these two nail everything in that routine, including the taz, and a comete>cascade>comete which they didn't not attempt this time.  Watch the current masters:

Nuff Nunder 1st place Stella Pairs

I have always been a particular fan of Mayet, maybe because I get the feeling he's really a beach bum like I'd like to be.  In the individual comps at Stella, he took 2nd to Chris Stahl (Kitehouse) only because he had a less readable ballet on the 2nd day.  He clearly pulled off a list of tricks that was superior to Chris, but they were so originally combined and done so fast that the judges never stood a chance of seeing or scoring all them correctly.  (For those who've done a TP, Mayet was through his list in 1:40  Huh.  The rest was insane.)  Chris did each trick well, and put some lines in between, which in TP is quite important.  Richard took 3rd, which I am sure was a new feeling for him.  Roll Eyes 

Here is the ballet of Mayet:

Mayet Stella Ballet  Cheesy

Enjoy,
obi

(By the way, the quality on your vids is GREAT, Randy.  What I post is not near as easy on the eyes.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:55 AM by obijuankenobe » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:31 AM »

Thanks for that Obi.

Smiley
John Welden

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 01:49 PM »

Isn't there supposed to be choreography in ballet?  All I see is a tricks demo with music in the background.
obijuankenobe

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 02:37 PM »

Welcome to TP  Cheesy.

While there are scores given for the artistic aspects, Tricks Party is about the tricks first, the ballet second.

I think that's the idea.  Anyway, I have yet to see more than a handful of STACK ballets (of course, Debray's are one such exception) that manage to get 9 solid tricks worked into three minutes.  And in a STACK ballet, you don't gain a great deal from adding high difficulty tricks if they don't fall into the music, and TP tries to rectify this by not forcing or emphasizing this.

Personally, I prefer this format, as it still rewards artistic flying while focusing on trick skills.

I think Mayet's ballet is actually pretty well done, give that his music is far from orthodox for a kite ballet.  That's part of what made it so cool for me.

obi
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 03:12 PM by obijuankenobe » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
John Welden

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 06:06 AM »

Welcome to TP  Cheesy.

While there are scores given for the artistic aspects, Tricks Party is about the tricks first, the ballet second.

I think that's the idea.  Anyway, I have yet to see more than a handful of STACK ballets (of course, Debray's are one such exception) that manage to get 9 solid tricks worked into three minutes.  And in a STACK ballet, you don't gain a great deal from adding high difficulty tricks if they don't fall into the music, and TP tries to rectify this by not forcing or emphasizing this.

Personally, I prefer this format, as it still rewards artistic flying while focusing on trick skills.

I think Mayet's ballet is actually pretty well done, give that his music is far from orthodox for a kite ballet.  That's part of what made it so cool for me.

obi

Sorry, didn't know it was TP.

Regardless, they are great at flying kites.
fworley
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:20 AM »

Here is the ballet of Mayet:

Mayet Stella Ballet  Cheesy

That ... is ... amazing.

What kite was he flying ... that doens't look like a Masque

-Frazer
obijuankenobe

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 06:22 AM »

Apparently it's a green XTz with a modified bridle.  That's what Kareloh said, who was there (and took 7th). 

obi

DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 06:55 AM »

Thanks Obi.  Wink
I really enjoy watching Mayet fly.  Cool

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
fworley
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 06:58 AM »

Apparently it's a green XTz with a modified bridle.  That's what Kareloh said, who was there (and took 7th). 

obi
I want one ...

-Frazer
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 08:57 AM »

It has to be asked..

Anyone have the bridle specs?

Tongue Wink
fworley
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 09:21 AM »

It has to be asked..

Anyone have the bridle specs?

Tongue Wink
You mean your's doesn't fly like that Jim ?  Tongue

-Frazer
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22 AM »

It may when I'm no looking...  Roll Eyes Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document