GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 04:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Long island pilots?  (Read 672 times)
mtk beach flyer
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 19, 2013, 04:44 PM »

Hey everyone.
I was just wondering if there is anyone else that flies out on long island ny other then myself and rob?
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:50 PM »

Yeah, I've been beating that drum for years. We're alone out here. You have to goto Liberty State Park to find anyone else flying. Keep an open mind to quads, that's what they fly there. It takes me ~2.5 hours to get there, sometimes 3. Not like it's far mileage-wise, but when you're averaging 20mph, it's a grind.
I've been working on my quad skills, so I might be game to take the ride if you want to car-pool. Maybe there's a gathering coming up sometime this summer at LSP ?

mtk beach flyer

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:48 PM »

It's amazing.  We have such a great spot here and no pilots to use it.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31 PM »

I wish I could send out our flying spots & winds to those who need it. Just save some for me on Sundays !

Grin

trigger

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:37 PM »

keep the wind coming! I'll be out there the middle of JULY! 

if it's a southern wind, take the ferry north  Smiley
mtk beach flyer

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 04:23 AM »

Hey trigger what part of the island will you be at? 
trigger

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 02:47 PM »

port jefferson

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
TJC

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 06:44 AM »

Mileage wise I'm not all that far from you LI guys. I'm in Southern NJ. Liberty is about an hour and a half. I can be on the Island in about the same amount of time. Moving up the island, ah, that's different story. depends on traffic, knucklehead drivers, time of week, time of day.

But even if it's a three hour slog I'd be up for it - once i get my skill level up so  at least I don't crash into you guys LOL!!!

Seriously, once i get some more time under my belt maybe we can set something up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change