GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 06:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bridle measurements for NFX  (Read 1257 times)
hdegive
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 13, 2009, 08:59 PM »

I have never been able to catch on with this kite and someone told me that the reason might be that the bridle measurements might be off.
Can someone who has the kite please post the bridle measurements for me?
Thanks,
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 09:30 PM »

My stock NFX Bridle measurements:

3 Point
U Outhaul  = 55.5 cm on the center pigtail knot & 53.5 cm on the shortest
L Outhaul  = 43 cm
Inhaul       = 56

I was going to try some changes though. There are some optional bridles Here

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
hdegive

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:47 AM »

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 04:56 PM »

This is what I have from Roger for the stock bridle:

Incidence (Upper Outhaul): 54cm
Exterior (Lower Outhaul): 45cm
Interior (Inhaul): 57cm

I have adjusted the UO to 50.5cm and find that to be nearly perfect for me. It tames the oversteer and actually is quite precise.

hdegive

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56 PM »

Thanks Randy. The oversteer is what turned me off to this kite. It would often turn a complete revolution with virtually no input.
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 09:38 PM »

Yeah, I've been flying my NFX with the nose pulled all the way in. Most of the oversteer went away and it's still ez to stall & trick. I also reframed mine last week like ET's. P200 LEs and 5PT LS. So far I like it a lot. I'll probably tie a new bridle too.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
hdegive

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 05:10 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I ended up following Randy G's recommended modification since it was the easiest and I am lazy. I just got back from a weekend at Long Beach (Washington.) Winds were pretty brisk, but there were some relatively light air times too. What a difference a few centimeters makes! The kite was very well behaved in brisker winds (maybe due to decreased angle of incidence with the shortening of the upper outhaul), but it really shone as the winds dropped. Still can't do a Taz Machine with any consistency  Undecided, but pretty much everything else came easier than on any of my other R Sky kites. A real trick machine.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:38 PM by hdegive » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document