GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 02:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My new Aura SUL (4.7Oz) at last!  (Read 1680 times)
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 23, 2013, 08:13 PM »

Hi,

I'm now in NY and on my arrival at the hotel I had a little present!
Of course, although I've come to NY for work, today it was Sunday and I couldn't miss the opportunity to try it out!
So off I went to Liberty State Park in NJ as RobB suggested: a bit farther away than I thought and I had "to walk the mile" to get there! Moreover it was so incredibly sunny and hot that I got much more sun that I needed  Huh
So I currently glow in the dark with a red fluorescene...  Embarrassed

Anyway, here are some pictures to prove I did and a (crummy) video of the maiden flight.
BTW I already love this kite! Thanks Jon!

AuraMaidenflightLibertyStateParkNJ ManhattanSkyline 20130623

It's all I got because I was alone and couldn't frame the scene correctly...  Sad
Although the framing is not good you can see how sweet & smooth the Aura performs the Slot Machines.

Excellent kite!
 Grin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:23 PM by Ara Ararauna » Logged

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Looks like a fun kite, enjoy!

Jay
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 10:30 PM »

Glad you got your kite.

Can't think of a better kite to travel across the ocean to get.  Grin

Thanks for the video
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 12:55 AM »

You look like a happy man.

That last picture is basically where I camp out when at LSP.

Nice kite. Wink
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:49 PM by JimB » Logged
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:26 AM »

You like like a happy man.

That last picture is basically where I camp out when at LSP.

Nice kite. Wink

I am a happy man  Smiley

P.S. What is LSP JimB?

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 04:22 AM »

Ara, I'm glad you found your way. The picture with you standing with your new kite is priceless. Glad the wind wasn't too much, looks like you were even able to trick a little. Too bad there weren't any other kiters to meet up with, but from the lack of people in general, I guess you got there nice & early.
Sorry to hear the sun did a number on you, I guess you weren't ready for nice weather in New York !

LSP = Liberty State Park...

How long are you going to be in town ? Any more flying on the calendar ?

Hadge

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 04:31 AM »

Oooh thats nice!  You'll have a lot of fun with that one!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 05:35 AM »

Yay yay and yay again! I'm so glad you like it.
I didnt have time to sign it when I saw it for a few seconds, but if we ever meet on a field or if you're back for work and something works out I'll sign the TE with Jons name. I'm completely ecstatic that you're liking the kite already. Looks like we're the only 2 that will have the 1 colored kites Smiley Enjoy it! PM me with any questions should anything arise. Nice video!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 10:04 AM »

Ara, :)Ara, :)Ara  Wink..... Your Photos with New York in the background are Fantastic....  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
The video is sweet.  Just knowing how happy you are made my viewing... The sky line added to some very nice Half Axels and Slot's...  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss The day it's real hot and No Wind  Huh Huh... Your flying !!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The craftsmanship of your kite was custom done by Jon T. Huh Huh Huh  He cut the material.  Smiley Cut the carbon rods .  :)The bridle hand made by JT.  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
and he sewed everything. The Kite was also designed for easy transport.  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Your a Lucky man Ara.... Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

p.s. get a Widow Maker Ul   Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue before you leave.  He has a used one ... Call him and make a deal....  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

p.p.s.s. R U here Long ??

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Yay yay and yay again! I'm so glad you like it.
I didnt have time to sign it when I saw it for a few seconds, but if we ever meet on a field or if you're back for work and something works out I'll sign the TE with Jons name. I'm completely ecstatic that you're liking the kite already. Looks like we're the only 2 that will have the 1 colored kites Smiley Enjoy it! PM me with any questions should anything arise. Nice video!

Great! I hope this can become feasible some day.
I would very much like to meet many of you in the forum sometime in the future.

And thanks for your nice words on the video, but it is really crummy in frameing the activity. I completely miscalculated where the kite would be...  Roll Eyes

In my bag...
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Ara, I'm glad you found your way. The picture with you standing with your new kite is priceless. Glad the wind wasn't too much, looks like you were even able to trick a little. Too bad there weren't any other kiters to meet up with, but from the lack of people in general, I guess you got there nice & early.
Sorry to hear the sun did a number on you, I guess you weren't ready for nice weather in New York !

LSP = Liberty State Park...

How long are you going to be in town ? Any more flying on the calendar ?

Hi RobB, I'll be here until Thursday but unfortunately no more time slots for flying.
I'm attending a conference in my research field and it is very dense...
But Sunday was so good I'm feeling really energetic.  Grin

In my bag...
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 01:34 PM »

Great to see you made it to NY.  I'll be there in August to visit family so I'll have to take a trip over to LSP to get my flight time in and lay claim to having flown in the park that Ara and his Aura flew in!!  Cheesy

Glad your enjoying your new and majestic Jon T. SUL!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:52 AM by Lou (Spectra Sports) » Logged
vertigo2u

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 03:16 PM »

New Kite Challenge...

Say ...  "... Ara Ararauna has an Aura..."    Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   10 times real fast ....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 08:00 PM »

Great to see you made it to NY.  I'll be there in August to visit family so I'll have to take a trip over to LSP to get my flight time in and lay claim to having flown in the park that Ara and his Aura flew in!!  Cheesy

That's a nice compliment Lou!
Thanks.

In my bag...
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 08:04 PM »

New Kite Challenge...
Say ...  "... Ara Ararauna has an Aura..."    Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
        Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   10 times real fast ....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That's a good one Vertigo!
 Cheesy   Cheesy

BTW, do you know what an Ara Ararauna is?

In my bag...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum