Converting ST Le Quartz to UL

(1/2) > >>

jim-bo:
I have built two Le Quartz. I would like to convert one of them to an UL. It looks to me that the only difference would be lighter framing.  Any recommendation?
jimmy

Svolazzo:
I would go straightforward with the UL frame  ;)
6mm or P100/200 or 3PT as spine
3PT as LS
5mm as US
P90/P100 or P100/P100 as LE
TAPA connectors

Paolo

Lou:
Quote from: jim-bo on June 26, 2013, 07:12 AM

I have built two Le Quartz. I would like to convert one of them to an UL. It looks to me that the only difference would be lighter framing.  Any recommendation?
jimmy

I have a frame being put together soon for the Quartz as a UL.  I am going to try P1X for spine 3PT for LS and P100 for the rest.  I think any tube at 13g per stick would be fine.

jim-bo:
I have re-framed my Le Quartz with .180 pultruded carbon tubes all the way around except for the lower spreaders for which I used Sky Shark 3PT.  I put 7 grams of tail weight on it.  This kite is flying very well for me.  It performs in just a touch less wind than my Zephyr.  (My wind gauge is whichever kite flies in it!) ;)

Lou:
Quote from: jim-bo on July 15, 2013, 07:05 AM

I have re-framed my Le Quartz with .180 pultruded carbon tubes all the way around except for the lower spreaders for which I used Sky Shark 3PT.  I put 7 grams of tail weight on it.  This kite is flying very well for me.  It performs in just a touch less wind than my Zephyr.  (My wind gauge is whichever kite flies in it!) ;)

How is the amount of frame flex?  I was also wondering if 13g .180 pultruded would be just to flexing of a frame.  I thought maybe P100s would provide an increased amount of rigidity needed for the same weight.  I can imagine though that the pultruded was much more cost effective an option.  I would love to see some flight video to see how it behaves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page