GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 05:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fabric Store Quartz ReBorn!  (Read 1683 times)
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 06:08 AM »

I actually have 2mm carbon in my stock on materials.  I was told to stay away from carbon as when it breaks it splinters and can damage the sail.  If you think it's fine I will remake a set in 2mm carbon.  I am currently still trying to source out 2mm spiral glasfiber.  The ones I built for the Quartz weigh 8.5 grams each so a bit on the heavy side I think.  Not really sure.  I just actually removed them for the first flight on the new Quartz.  I didn't want anything to interefere with the initial flight so I could get an accurate feel for a proper sail and using Nitro tubes.  Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:48 AM by Lou (Spectra Sports) » Logged
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 07:27 AM »

maybe you should have asked earlier...

Sorry..links to other shops are not allowed - thief - it has been forwarded in a PM to Lou
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:00 AM by thief » Logged
Lou

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 02:40 PM »

maybe you should have asked earlier...

Sorry..links to other shops are not allowed - thief - it has been forwarded in a PM to Lou

Its ok I can use what I have until the next order of materials or it comes about from one of the forum members.  It's Ara's fault anyway for pointing out how he didnt like 3mm thick rollbars and now has me upside down trying to build 2mm spec rollbars.  Grin

Thanks again though for the help.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:57 PM by Lou (Spectra Sports) » Logged
Lou

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 03:27 PM »

Well I forgot to mention I took the Quartz for its first flight and wow what an amazing difference in responsiveness and sensitivity when flying.  It's incredible.  Sadly though my flight style apparently was used to having the roll bars preventing me from hooking the yoyo stoppers.  As soon as they were off all I did was hook my bridle line on the stoppers every other trick!  Cheesy

I will definitely work on my trick style and quite honestly the roll bars will go back on once Jon T ships in my 2mm carbon rods.  I thought I had some in my stockpile of materials but only had about a 30in. piece.  It should be good alternative until I can find some 2mm rolled glasfiber later on.  In fact though, the carbon is so much lighter I may not even bother using glasfiber.  Hopefully Ill have the 2mm sail grabbers in Saturday.  Until then, practice practice practice....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:40 PM by Lou (Spectra Sports) » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document