GWTW Forum
April 21, 2014, 08:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy this spinning line laundry (Catherine's Wheel)?  (Read 3346 times)
kirby
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 26, 2013, 04:37 PM »

Hi All!

I have lost a spinning wheel type of line laundry and want to replace it. Can't remember where I bought it from.  Probably from Steve long time ago.

It looks like this http://lucyahood.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/kite-wheel.jpg

I don't know what it is called but the closest description is Catherine's Wheel http://www.kiteplans.org/planos/catherine/catherine.html

Anyone knows where I can get hold of one that looks exactly the same?

Thanks.
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 05:45 PM »

That looks like a 9' premier windwheel.....there is also a 5' &7' version.......didn't realise that they stopped making them!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
kirby

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:23 PM »

Yeah, it  was the largest one I got.  I thought it was 12' but it could just be 9'

So far I found one place that might still have it at http://www.kiteworld.com/Kite/Single-Line/Accessories/Premier/Wind-Wheels/7774/

However I just can not find an email address on their web site to message them.  Can't find it here either http://www.kiteworld.com/Contact-Us/

Wonder if any other places might have it.
John Lutter

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 12:46 PM »

I would try calling them to see if they have it in stock. I know the folks at Kite World, and I hate to say this, but their website isn't always the most accurate representation of what they actually have in stock.

If you'd like, I can send an email out to some of the KTAI retailers to see if anyone has one for sale.

John Lutter
Chief Kite Pusher @ Kite Stop (http://www.kitestop.com)
President @ American Kitefliers Association (http://kite.org)
kirby

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 03:14 PM »

I would try calling them to see if they have it in stock. I know the folks at Kite World, and I hate to say this, but their website isn't always the most accurate representation of what they actually have in stock.

Yes, I had called them yesterday. Got their email address and wrote to them with all the information.  Still yet to hear from them. I am not holding my hope high.

Separately I have emailed Premier Kite to find out if they still have stock but they did not answer my query directly and they had only referred me to a kite shop (ohanawinds). So I then emailed that kite shop and they replied and said that this Wind Wheel is no longer available.  Embarrassed

So basically if no one has any old stock then basically this is not available anymore.........  Cry

If you'd like, I can send an email out to some of the KTAI retailers to see if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks John.  Please do that.  I have basically more or less exhausted my search on the net.

Thank you.
John Lutter

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 03:37 PM »

Emails sent... I'll let you know through a PM if I find anything (no promises though)...

John Lutter
Chief Kite Pusher @ Kite Stop (http://www.kitestop.com)
President @ American Kitefliers Association (http://kite.org)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 04:49 PM »

that is a 9' Neon Wind Wheel by Premier. As I recall they stopped production several years back. They came in 'neon' and 'rainbow' Could have come from me as we certainly carried them.

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
kirby

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Yes Steve, I bought it from you. It had brought a lot of joy to my family and others over the years.

The one shown in the photo is not mine.  I copied that photo from Google search.  Mine was actually in rainbow color.
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+44)

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 06:47 AM »

i stacked these 5 7 and 9 7f turned inside out spun in opposite direction

Steve & Sherri
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 01:57 PM »

Any luck finding one?

Fdeli
kirby

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 02:56 PM »

Any luck finding one?

Still no luck.   Sad Sad Sad
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Emma kites shows they sell them, but are out of stock.  You can always sent them an email to see if they will make any more in the future.

indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 10:24 PM »

If all else fails, you might need to break out a sewing machine.   These plans were posted on Kiteplans.org by Gary Engvall.

If you prefer not to do the construction yourself, you might want to contact Gary, and see if you two can come to some kind of an arrangement.

ATB,
Sam
Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 09:41 PM »

I saw something very similar to this @ Berkely a few weeks ago..
Very Sweet.

Thanks for the link Sam,
now to convince my wife how well she can drive her sewing machine. 

Cheesy
RayRay

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 09:58 PM »

I actually picked one of these up today. It's a 9ft Premier rainbow 99493.  I had spent the afternoon flying at the beach in Oxnard and decided to stop at Harbor Wind and Kite on my way home. They had one buried in a bucket of assorted socks and tails. It was their last one.

I really wouldn't mind keeping this, but... karma is a bitch and I would much rather have good karma than bad.

After tax it cost me $139.74, make it an even $150 to cover shipping and packing (assuming we are talking a US address) and it's yours. This is new, all I did was open the draw string on the bag. Original tag is still attached.
This is 3x the cost of getting one from EmmaKites, if they ever get them back in stock.
If you're not interested, no worries. If I didn't have an extremely overactive guilt complex, I wouldn't have even made the post.
Also this offer is for Kirby only.

I realize this is my first post here, but Revgod might be willing to put in a good word about me, I've spent a healthy chunk of change in his shop over the last couple months.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography