GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 05:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your ALL TIME Favorite Videos  (Read 5979 times)
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 05:44 AM »

Loads of great stuff out there, but if you don't have this one in your archive, get downloading:

http://www.kitehouseserv.de/download.php?download=mock2.wmv

The quality is good, the file is huge, and there is no better pairs flying on video than you find here.  Johannes and Chris demonstrate just how far TP in northern Europe has really come in the last few years.  You can see in Chris' section a true seasoned competitor: accurate perfect trick flying with zen.  And in Johannes' section, you see what happens when someone with a bit more fire in his belly gets really good at what we do.  There are times when you think the kite might just shatter as he shows it who's boss.  Tricking with authority. 

If you have not seen this video, I GUARANTEE you will not be disappointed.  (First 2 minutes is a bit overdone, and the music might not be for everyone...but the flying is just mindblowing.) 

These are the same pilots that took 1st and 4th individually and 1st in pairs as Nuff & Nunder at Stella Plage TP in France this year, winning over the pair Version (the dream team of Mayet and Debray), among others.

We are talking about high level pairs flying...synchronous cascade >> comete cascade >> snap lazy or refueling >> taz, and comete kick turns.  It's stuff that folks imagine is possible, but don't ever bother attempting.  Not to mention the individual segments have some sick sequences as well. 

obi

Some highlights are N&N (3:42 - 5:23), Johannes (10:43 - 12:10  Cheesy ), N&N again (18:10 - 21:32  Shocked).  All of Chris' and Ollie's flying is great as well, of course.  For me, I just love the aggression in Johannes' style...the last clip at 24:31 - 24:44 is just plain sick  Angry
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:13 AM by obijuankenobe » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01 AM »

That's one of the other ones I was looking for but couldn't find.  Smiley

My favourite is still the Gemini / Deepspace Mix video that you can see on the Benson site or download from the Bensontwins page.  I've spent a bit of time with the Gemini and appreciate the difficulty of a lot of those moves on the Gem, particularly the comete.
Brian O
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 09:28 AM »

This one is a little different but its one of my all time favorite wind related sports fun video

http://www.superdairyboy.com/Videos/kitewing_skimbat/promo_1.wmv
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 09:29 AM »

debray.wmv

rxburner
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 11:15 AM »

This one.....

Cologne At Night

and I really like the "Easter Egg" on the Trick or Treat DVD, that song The Game is very haunting.
Rx
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:21 AM by rxburner » Logged
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 12:08 AM »

Matt's SUL QP is always a stunning video.

The music makes it......and.......is there anyone else, (besides Mark) that can do that with a Qpro Sul without weight??

Love to see that!

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
WinterDaze

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 09:19 PM »

and I really like the "Easter Egg" on the Trick or Treat DVD, that song The Game is very haunting.
Rx

Huh Randy, give me a hint, I can't believe there's something on that DVD that I've missed?? If there is, wow how exciting!!

Regards,

WD

WinterDaze AoF
Watty

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 10:32 PM »

This one
Trick Kite Freestyle

and this one
iQuad Broken Wings

I have watched many, many times.

bryan beasley

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 06:11 AM »

Huh Randy, give me a hint, I can't believe there's something on that DVD that I've missed?? If there is, wow how exciting!!

Regards,

WD

Shannon, really...

...Scene select, go down to the Stoke Park scene and press right on your remote.

Bryan
rxburner
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 07:03 AM »

the clues should read "Turn Right at the Park" if you want to, at least, make it a little fun.
Rx
jaydub

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 09:31 AM »

Shannon, really...

...Scene select, go down to the Stoke Park scene and press right on your remote.

Bryan
Well I never knew either if it makes you feel any better, Shannon.  Embarrassed
kiten00b
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 09:36 AM »

Regards,

WD

Shannon, really...

Bryan
News to me too, but I've only watched it on my computer. :-|
WinterDaze

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 05:28 AM »

Ahhh found it, thanks Bryan   Grin

A great topic, worthy of a Zombie resurrection,

Oh and how rude of me Wink

WD

WinterDaze AoF
bryan beasley

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 07:16 AM »

Better late than never.  Cheesy

There have been a few good ones around since this thread started though - good call to bring it back to life.

Bryan
Doc Z
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 10:36 AM »

Currently this one:

<iframe src="
" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change