GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 12:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition 2013  (Read 1840 times)
the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: July 01, 2013, 12:25 PM »

My wife asked me to post this:

Save the date.  Saturday, September 14, 2013 is the date set for RWRSKC (Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition).  It will be held at Taylor Park in Hanover County located east of Ashland, VA.  Details will be posted soon.

Laura Stonestreet
AKA Southeast Conference Commissioner
Co-ordinator of RWRSKC
Jezzbelle
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 12:30 PM »

This is being posted by me -- the*real*stoney's wife:

Registration is now open for the 2013 edition of the Richmond-Washington Regional Sport Kite Championships (RWRSKC).  RWRSKC 2013 will take place on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013, at Taylor Park in Ashland, VA.  RWRSKC is a one-day, novice-oriented sport kite competition event.   The day will start with one-on-one training for each new competitor, with each novice paired up with an experienced competitor for an hour of practice.  Then, experienced and masters competitors will compete in open precision and ballet events.  After each open event, the novice version of that event will follow.  This allows new competitors to see exactly what they will be doing when they compete.  RWRSKC is the best opportunity for someone who is interested in sport kite competition to give it a try and learn what it's all about.

RWRSKC is an AKA-sanctioned event, and will therefore generate points toward participation in the 2014 AKA Grand National competition.  To find out more about RWRSKC 2013, go to www.richmondairforce.com.  It's easy to register for RWRSKC, just go to www.richmondairforce.com/RWRSKC/registration.htm, fill out the form, and you're done!  You can even pay your registration fees online using a paypal account or any major credit card.

Special thanks to RWRSKC co-coordinator Marc Conklin and Chief Judge Will Smoot, as well as KiteBus Festivals' Terry Murray, who will provide sound and announcing for the event.  Thanks also to sponsors It's A Breeze Specialties and Flying Smiles Kites!

This announcement was unashamedly copied from last years announcement written by Marc Conklin!

Laura Stonestreet
Co-coordinator Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:23 PM by Steve » Logged
Jezzbelle

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:32 PM »

Something messed up on the previous post.  To register for RWRSKC, go to: http://www.richmondairforce.com/RWRSKC/registration.htm

Laura
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:44 PM »

I'll be there!
Jezzbelle

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 09:51 AM »

If you haven't done so already, now is the time to register for RWRSKC (Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition).  The competition will be held at Taylor Park, east of Ashland, VA on 14 September 2013.  Non-novices must register by 7 September.  Novices may register anytime prior to the start of the first Novice discipline.  Go to http://www.richmondairforce.com/ and click on the link for RWRSKC for all details. 

Laura
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 06:14 AM »

see ya'll there!
etully
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:16 AM »

Can't wait, it'll be my first competition.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:49 AM by etully » Logged
Jezzbelle

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 06:56 PM »

Have you registered for the Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition (RWRSKC)?  Have you invited a new flier to participate in RWRSKC?  We are only 3 weeks away from the competition -- 14 September 2013 at Taylor Park in Ashland, VA.  Go to http://www.richmondairforce.com/ and click on the link for RWRSKC for all details.  Registration for non-Novices will close on 7 September.  Novices may register online or they may wait until the day of competition to register. 

I hope to see you there.

Laura Stonestreet
Co-coordinator Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition
Jezzbelle

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Registration for the Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition (RWRSKC) will close in 6 days (at the end of the day on 7 September).  Here is the website for registration: http://www.richmondairforce.com/.  The competition will be held at Taylor Park, east of Ashland, VA on Saturday, 14 September.  All information about the competition is available on the website.  This is a great way to get tuned up for the Outer Banks Sport Kite Competition (OBSKC) to be held September 28 and 29 at Nags Head, NC.

Come and bring a novice flier!

Laura Stonestreet
Co-coordinator, RWRSKC
Jezzbelle

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 01:34 PM »

I did not make the distinction between Novice registration and non-Novice registration for RWRSKC (Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition) in my last email.  Non-Novices do NOT need to pre-register.  Non-Novices must register no later than 7 September 2013.  This competition has always been a very laid back event with Novices spending the first hour with a more experienced mentor.  Im not sure who enjoys this hour more the Novices or the mentors!

Register today. 

Laura Stonestreet
Co-coordinator
RWRSKC

P.S.  Like Southwest Airlines baggage -- Novices fly free!
Jezzbelle

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 06:58 AM »

Oops.  My fingers got ahead of my brain and I stated that Non-Novices did not need to register early.  Non-Novices must register no later than 7 September 2013.  Registration will be open for Novices until the competition begins.

Sorry for any confusion.

Laura Stonestreet
Co-coordinator RWRSKC
Jezzbelle

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 08:54 AM »

Don't forget.  Today -- 7 September 2013 -- is the last day for non-Novice fliers to register for the RWRSKC (Richmond Washington Regional Sport Kite Competition).  Novices may register anytime for no charge.

Laura Stonestreet
Co-coordinator RWRSKC
donaldrke
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 05:58 AM »

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting this on.  Devin and Myself had a great time.

Donald

Member of Got Wind?
Donald
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum