GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Slow - Spectre landings and simple tricks  (Read 609 times)
turbo
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 02, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Hi Smiley

Here im "raping" my Spectre (Super Zero Wind Kite - Zero Weight - less than 100gr at fullsize)

Im sure - there is more to get Wink

Have fun Smiley

Spectre - Landungen und leichte Tricks
gipeto1

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:30 PM »

Wow I like it!
What about frame amd sail material? Who sell this kite ?
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:16 AM »

Very nice! Damn i wish we had something like Tempelhof in Rotterdam. Such a great flying spot!

Irie tunes!
alien

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 06:29 AM »

Turbo,
hot kite and video much enjoyed thanks............. Tongue
ae

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 07:34 AM »

gipeto1, I make those kites.

Turbos kite here is a special one, i had a sail with slight imperfections laying around and he wanted it to see if he can make the kite trick. So he stuffed some trees as framing into it and with 135grams end weight is what you see in the video.

The normal Spectre XUL is framed with avia breeze and clocks in at 80 grams, but has close to absolute zero trickability, but flies under its own in a flies fart.
turbo

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Always big fun to fly the Spectre - my "trick-version" with 135gr @ fullsize goes much earlier than other sul-kites - tricks so far: landing, tip stand, spike, turtle, lifter, lazy susan, multi lazy, slot machine, axel, half axel, axel cascade, sideslide,flap jack, 2 pop jojo, jacobs ladder - - - all tricks very slow  Cool but majestic

ive tried slow comete (possible) but there was too much wind

taz machine seems to be impossible Sad

New trick-video will follow Smiley

No wind is the best wind for Spectre

With a little rod-changing i can bring it down to about 90 gr WITHOUT breeze and zero air Wink

ae

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 06:56 AM »

Well, 90 without breeze isn't in the cards.

80 with breeze, switching to skinny ul adds about 6x2=12 grams, plus thicker, heavier ferrules, so about 95grams.
With ZeroAir you get close, if you take the time and resources to sort the rods for weight, since they vary a great deal, around 7g per rod if you get the good ones. With those you get to 86grams plus the different ferrules, about 90 in the end.

All other rods are either heavier or less stiff. Or both in regard to straight tubes like 3mm exel. Which is not lighter and yet a lot more flexible.

If you want minimal weight, breeze is the way to go, if you want a stiffer frame without giving up to much lightness, skinny ul would be my weapon of choice. The Zero Air just vary to much in their dimensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document