GWTW Forum
September 17, 2014, 06:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late to the Party Sixth Sense  (Read 3292 times)
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 04:40 PM »

If all kites flew exactly the same, we would only need one kite, right? Wink

Amen!  Grin

How much ballast are you guys using and what weight system are you using.  I current have 20g as a brass rod in the spine and then 5g lead weight velcro'd to bottom of tail inside strap. 

Just wondered since many SS seem to use the french style weight bar at the very end of the spine.  This style of weight system defintely would have a more pendulum effect than running up the spine as I have it set.  Wonder if that has any effect at all??

I also see many fliers will actually go to the Fade position through a Fractured Axle.  I guess I need to brush up on my axles and start pulling into the fade position that way rather than flare position.  So much to learn and not enough wind!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:54 PM by Lou (Spectra Sports) » Logged
mdilucca
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 07:59 PM »

Send it to me Lou Wink I'll fix it  Tongue

Cheers
Mario

Cheers
Mario

Lou

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Send it to me Lou Wink I'll fix it  Tongue

Cheers
Mario

I am already working on another SS sail in a Blue Scheme for my oldest son and it looks to be a nice color scheme.  I probably should have waited for the Supernova plans to be released.  Who knows I may opt for another color choice or smaller variant and this one will be in the Swap Meet!  Grin

***EDIT***

There will be no SixthSense placed in any Swap Meet!  Undecided

I was watching some mama74 tutorial videos along with the Prism Videos and watched repeatedly the manners in doing a Fade Launch and Flare-to-Fade action and noticed immediately that I was INCREDIBLY popping the lines INCREDIBLY TOO HARD rather than pull/sweep the lines back with then providing sufficient slack immediately.  I ran outside late last night to at least try this on the ground and it WORKED!  The kite is absolutely perfect, it was I that sucked terribly as a pilot.  With a smooth sweeping motion backwards the nose simply rolled under itself and immediately entered the Fade position.  I will go out later this morning and practice this same motion when it's in the air.  Amazing how much less effort and smooth the action is now.  I need to review all these videos again.  They all seem to be telling me things I guess I wasn't comprehending a couple months ago.  Can't wait for the weekend!  I still need to practice the Fracture Axle - Fade entry.

***UPDATE 7/17/2013 1:00pm EST***

Super short clip from my upcoming cinematic trick video on Youtube (just kidding!) of a flare/fade/somethingIsawKrijndosortamove proving the kite just simply rocks and I just absolutely sucked as a pilot earlier!  Cheesy

Sixth Sense Fade Test
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:27 AM by Lou » Logged
photogbill

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 12:36 PM »

Corrected assembly images of my Custom Sail Sixth Sense STD Pro:

I deleted all but one image in my above 'quote' to save thread space. Just wanted to compliment you on a beautiful build! That's a gorgeous 6th sense! I see you went with my mylar center panel idea and upped it one with your mylar spine panel! It has a very classy look! Well done!  Wink
Lou

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 01:57 PM »

Yes! I liked that I had seen your builds include Mylar in the sail areas also.  I was trying to replicate this design that D.E. created with a slight variation in the center sail panel.  (Honestly just lazy to chop up that panel and do anymore sewing!) 

Thank you very much on the compliments.  Still a newbie builder but I have been improving with every build! 

I flew my new SS all day yesterday at Cocoa Beach... wow am I in love with this kite and can't wait to build a SS85 and a Supernova when it becomes available!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:19 PM by Lou » Logged
photogbill

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 02:17 PM »

Yes! I liked that I had seen your builds include Mylar in the sail areas.  I was trying to replicate this design that D.E. created with a slight variation.  Thank you very much on the compliments.  Still a newbie builder but I have been improving with every build! 

I flew this kite all day yesterday at Cocoa Beach... man I am in love and can't wait to build a SS85 and a Supernova!!!

You're doing an excellent job on your builds ...especially for someone who is so new to kite building! Your taste in color combos is very nice as well! Keep up the good work!

Trust me on this one ....you will NOT be disappointed in the SS85!   Grin

I too am looking forward to building Davide's newest model, the Supernova! He sure does have a talent for designing great flying kites! I'll probably get around to making an Invictus 85%er as well some day as well!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document